One of the principles we’ve built Sentri around from the very start is that it’s always getting smarter — and doing so in a way that doesn’t require you to do a thing! Every couple weeks (or less some times ;)), Sentri gets a fresh new update that improves the experience (optimizing performance, fixing bugs) AND also adds some cool new functionality. What have we updated recently? Take a look below — and make sure your Sentri has all the latest and greatest:
v1.7.511110 (released 11/11)
- Device control on the Sentri screen — Now you can control your WeMo switches, Hue lights, and Nest thermostat straight from the Sentri touchscreen! (swipe right twice from the main screen to access this screen)
- Remove connected devices — Want to remove the devices you have connected to Sentri? No problem — go into the settings screen (swipe left once) and click “Remove connected devices”. Also available on the iOS and Android apps
- Playback video alerts straight from the Sentri screen — Review your videos directly from Sentri itself on the “timeline” view (swipe right once to access)
- New Theme: Auto-rotating backgrounds — Automatically change up your Sentri’s look and feel with a theme that automatically rotates through our collection of custom backgrounds
v1.7.511190 (released 11/19)
- Military Time — Prefer to read your time as 16:45? We added the option for you to choose to display your time in either 12 or 24 hour time
- Eco Mode — Schedule when your Sentri screen turns ‘off’ (by default, we’ve set it to be between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.), or choose to manually turn your Sentri screen ‘off’ or ‘on’. Tap it once to wake your Sentri up for 30 seconds
v1.7.51202 (released 12/2)
- Your unit has been updated! — Receive an alert every time your unit has been updated along with the update version
v1.7.512090 (released 12/9)
- Manually update your Sentri — Missed out on the latest update? Manually trigger an update to make sure your Sentri is updated with the latest and greatest
Coming in the next two weeks
- Add your own pictures! — Connect your Dropbox directly to Sentri and customize the look and feel of your Sentri with your own pictures
This week, we released two new features that many of our community members have been asking for: Eco Mode and the ability to switch between 24-hour and 12-hour time.
- Eco Mode lets you turn off the Sentri screen (and save energy!) quickly and easily by:
- Setting your own schedule — want the screen off every night? Schedule it between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. or any other time interval for some smart dimming!
- Turn it on / off manually
- The Sentri screen always dims after 30 minutes of inactivity when in ‘away’ mode
- 23:00? 11:00? Your choice — choose how you would like your time displayed in Sentri’s signature display & look
All these updates go to your Sentri units over-the-air — meaning you don’t have to do a thing, no buttons to push, no links to click — just part of how Sentri is always getting smarter.
Have suggestions of your own? Let us know! These were features upgraded based directly on feedback from our community, and we’d love to include your voice.
Curious how you can get your hands on a Sentri? Pre-order yours today for only $299, and get it delivered on Nov. 27, just in time for the holidays. Be the first to get your Sentri AND get free shipping.
All your devices — straight from your Sentri. No phones required.
One of the exciting things about Sentri is that it’s always getting smarter. Today, we’re excited to announce the release of our latest update that will bring even more power to your Sentri to help protect what matters in making your home safer and smarter.
Look out for:
- Trigger a siren on your Sentri device
- Video playback on Sentri itself
- Device control on the Sentri touchscreen itself — Sentri works with Hue, Nest, and WeMo
- Auto-rotating theme. Now you don’t have to choose between all the images we have for you. Set it to auto-rate to get a new background every time you look.
- An improved motion detection algorithm
We’ll be rolling out this update starting today and all Sentris should be updated by the end of the week! Have an idea on a feature you’d like to see? Let us know! Many of our feature updates are developed in conjunction with our community.
Curious how you can get your hands on a Sentri? Buy yours today for only $299, and get it delivered on Nov. 27, just in time for the holidays.